The project “Vocational Education and training – New Approach for Effective Social Inclusion “has been implemented by the Association Community Development Institute (CDI) – Macedonia in cooperation with DVV International Germany.
The overall objective of the project is to contribute to the creation of favourable environment for reintegration of the offenders into the society in Republic of Macedonia. Through the activities, the prisoners got an opportunity to learn new skills and to be competitive on the labour market after their sentence is served.
The specific objectives of the project were:
- Increasing the capacity of the prisons in Tetovo and Shtip to deliver trainings and other educational activities
- Decreasing the number of returnees in prisons
- Gaining new knowledge and skills of the prisoners for increasing their competitiveness on the labour market
- Acquisition and conveying regular educational activities in the prisons in Tetovo and Shtip.
- Target groups
- Convicts serving sentence in prisons in Tetovo and Shtip
- Directorate for enforcement of sanctions of the Republic of Macedonia
- Other stakeholders: Ombudsman, Agency for employment, Chamber of commerce, Municipalities, citizens.
- Within the project, the following trainings for prisoners were delivered:
- English language
- Horticultural decoration
In addition to the trainings, financial support has been provided for the prisons in Tetovo and Shtip in order to strength their capacities, promotional events and a conference have been organized.
More about the project at: www.prisoneducation.mk
Contact: Sreten Koceski, email: email@example.com; firstname.lastname@example.org