EPEA Hellas Branch
February 24, 2007 the EPEA Hellas was founded by 24 members and the number soon grew to about 40 and more are to join. Liason Persons and Officers were elected.
- The aims of the E.P.E.A. – Hellas Branch shall be:
- To act as a recognized branch of the European Prison Education Association.
- To promote Education in Prison according to the Recommendation No. R (89) 12 of the Committee of Ministers to member States of the Council of Europe (1989).
- To support and assist the professional development of persons involved in Education in Prison through European co-operation.
- To work with related professional organizations.
- To support research in the field of Education in Prison.
- To monitor and support the development of Prison Education in Hellas.
- Education in Prison is defined as education provided for all persons who are under the supervision of the judiciary, whether sentenced or awaiting trial, and whether serving a sentence in prison or in the community.
- Persons involved are defined as all those working in the field of Education in Prison and in related disciplines.
Damianos Petros, Efthimia Chatzimanou.
Chairperson: Papadimitriou Ioannis
Secretary: Zouganelis, George
Treasurer: Samara, Sofia
Members: Ioannis Papadimitriou, Efthimia Chatzimanou
Co-opted webmaster: Ioannis Papadimitriou
For branch website click here.