Society regards prisoners as full citizens and detention as a chance. Detention takes place in a stimulating environment with an innovative and sustainable learning culture. The detained person has a central position in this.
Prison education is our starting point to:
- initiate research
- create vision and concepts
- develop products co-creatively
- influence policy
In our process of policy development we defined 6 goals we will be working on between 2016 and 2019:
- We develop an efficient internal organisation in order to operate sustainably.
- We acquire financial resources
- We enforce our administrative organisation
- We optimize our internal and external communication
- We design and realize a network model to become an anchored networking organization.
- We design a networking model and an operational model for Klasbak ambassadors
- We realize sustainable partnerships by putting these models into practice
- We initiate and valorize research on prison education to improve policy and practice further.
- We initiate innovative research on prison education
- We disseminate and valorize research on prison education
- We develop clear visions and concepts on prison education to innovate and stimulate policy and practice.
- We develop a basic vision on prison education
- We develop thematic visions and concepts on prison education
- We communicate directly about the developed vision and concepts to give Klasbak an identity
- We influence policy of governments and institutions to realize structural improvements of prison education.
- We map our policy network and put prison education on the political agenda
- We advise policy makers and politician and are asked for advice
- We sensitize society to bring attention to the topic of prison education.
- We sensitize within prison walls on prison education
- We sensitize without prison walls on prison education
Chairperson: Liesbeth De Donder Liesbeth.De.Donder@vub.be
Secretary: Inge Van Acker firstname.lastname@example.org
Coordinator: Bieke Deloof, email@example.com