Departments and individual members of FOKO have for a number of years had the opportunity to apply to FOKO for the award of scholarships, and the deadline for applying for scholarships 2021 is approaching, namely 10 May. The board has set aside NOK 20,000 (app. € 2.000) for the distribution of scholarships.
This sum can be allocated to a measure in its entirety, possibly divided between several applicants. The applications are processed by the FOKO board at the first board meeting after the application deadline (last May), and the decision is announced on our website.
FOKO’s articles of association state, among other things, that the purpose of FOKO’s work is mainly:
- To promote training in the penal care system in accordance with Recommendation No. R (89) 12, adopted by the Council of Europe’s Committee of Ministers on 13 October 1989.
- To contribute to increased professionalism among those involved in training in the penal care system.
- To collaborate with related organizations.
- To support research and development work related to training in the penal care system.
Scholarships can thus be awarded to members and / or departments who wish to make a special contribution to this work. Criteria for awarding scholarships are:
- You must be a member of FOKO (ie have paid a membership fee).
- Along with the application, a plan and objectives for the measure must be attached.
- A budget must be presented for the measure.
- A report must be made after the implementation which will be published on FOKO’s website.