The web site
The European Prison Education Association and its Steering Committee established this web site in order to facilitate access for our members and the general public to updated information on EPEA initiatives, to highlight our policies, and to promote Prison Education in Europe to the rest of the world.
We aim to present information that is both current and accurate. In cases where we are informed of possible errors, we shall do what we can to rectify the matter. The EPEA cannot, however, undertake any liability whatsoever for the material on the website. The following points should be noted with regard to the content:
- It pertains exclusively to general information, which is not aimed at any special persons or organisations.
- The information is not necessarily comprehensive, complete, accurate or current.
- The information is occasionally linked to external websites which are beyond the control of the EPEA and for which we disclaim any and all liability.
- The information must not be regarded as constituting commercial or legal advice (if you require more specialised information, you should always consult a qualified professional).
If, during your visit to the EPEA Web site, you send e-mail or respond to feed back forms, we will collect information regarding your e-mail address and the contents of the message. We use your e-mail address to respond appropriately. This may include, but is not limited to, responding to you, addressing issues you identify or forwarding your message to another person for appropriate action. The EPEA accepts no liability for the content of emails send from the EPEA domain, or for the consequences of any actions taken on the basis of the information provided, unless that information is subsequently confirmed in writing. Any views or opinions presented in emails are solely those of the author and do not necessarily represent those of the association.
WARNING concerning e-mail
- Others might misuse the information on the EPEA website sending you several forms of e-mail fraud pretending the EPEA is writing you. Some of the fraud forms are known as spoofing or phishing. If you are in doubt of the validity of an email from the EPEA please contact the EPEA directly(ex. by writing epea(at)epea.org or webmaster(at)epea.org), not by responding to doubtful emails by clicking the reply bottom
- Computer viruses can be transmitted via email. The recipient should check emails from the EPEA and any attachments for the presence of viruses. EPEA accepts no liability for any damage caused by any virus transmitted by email.
This disclaimer is not intended as a breach of the requirements stipulated by the applicable national legislation or to exclude liability in relation to issues where disclaimers are not allowed according to such legislation.
Contact the EPEA at epea(at)epea.org