The report says about education
- A new Prisoner Education Service will make sure offenders can improve their basic literacy and numeracy, as well as acquire further vocational qualifications, like construction and computing, to make them more employable when they leave prison
- Aim: Delivering an improved Prisoner Education Service which equips prisoners withcore baseline skills in numeracy and literacy, and improving the skills for jobs on release
- These new prisons are designed with the infrastructure to allow for digital in-cell technology, so that prisoners can take full advantage of education and training opportunities.
- Improving education is crucial to improving the employment rate of prison leavers
- Invest in staff training to build a prison culture that values education and learning across the prison and increase the quality of teaching and training